From: Wei Xie <xieconnect@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Council Web App. Weekly Report (Week #3)
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 15:13:11
1 Hi Everyone,
2
3 I am working on the Gentoo Council Web Application. This project aims
4 at simplifying the routine work of Gentoo council members. The project
5 is based on Ruby on Rails / Hobo.
6
7 [What I did]
8 1. Role based access control (added role support for users):
9 different users may be assigned different roles, different roles
10 are assigned different privileges;
11
12 2. Handling Agenda:
13 basic CRUD for Agenda; advanced role/access control;
14
15 3. Handling AgendaItem:
16 An Agenda may contain many AgendaItems. Specific users may be able
17 to move certain AgendaItem to a Agenda.
18
19 4. Handling Glep:
20 basic CRUD for Glep; supporting the GLEP work flow of Gentoo.
21
22 5. Handling Doodle:
23 Doodle is an online time organizer for people of different time
24 zones. By integrating Doodle with the present Council Web App., we
25 hope to make it more easy to manage meetings.
26
27 [To-do]
28 1. Finish all remaining tasks so that the code can be merged into the
29 Gentoo overlay repo.
30 2. Set up email notification for Agenda, AgendaItem, etc.
31 3. Record attendance for each meeting/agenda
32 4. Set up CI server to auto test every commit in github repo
35 [Links]
36 GLEP work flow:
37 Doodle: www.doodle.com
38 Dev repo: github.com/XieConnect/council-webapp
42 Xie, Wei