From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: fordfrog@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Big Data Infrastructure and Maven Overlay in Week 5
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2020 01:09:59
1 Zhang Zongyu <zzy2529420793@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > This week I have done a lot of repetitive work. That is, to go through
4 > all of the ebuild files in Gentoo Repository and to get them the
5 > equivalent GroupId and ArtifactId in Maven Central. There are more
6 > than 500 packages in dev-java/ and java-virtual/ category, and
7 > sometimes one Gentoo package may correspond to more than one Maven
8 > artifact, so it took me a lot of time to complete them. And here is my
9 > lookup up table which covers all packages in dev-java/ and maps
10 > "category/package:slot" into "groupId:artifactId".[1] As a result,
11 > spark-core can make use of more than 100 Gentoo native packages now.
12
13 My previous approach was to `ebuild xxxx prepare` the packages in
14 ::gentoo and inspect the pom.xml file inside ${WORKDIR}. Does that work
15 for you?
16
17 https://github.com/gentoo/java-ebuilder/blob/master/scripts/meta.sh
18
19 > Besides, I have also added java-ebuilder some features. It can check
20 > the metadata of a package and get the correct SLOT, and it can make
21 > ebuild unpack "Maven Central distributed source files" into proper
22 > ${JAVA_SRC_DIR} now.
23
24 Good!
25
26 > Next week I am going to test and add jaxb (javax.xml.bind:jaxb-api and
27 > javax.xml.bind:jaxb-impl) and some newer version packages which are
28 > required by spark-core, and
29
30 Good to know we are getting back jaxb. It is strange to me that without
31 such a seemingly central package packages in ::gentoo still work. Is it
32 now part of icedtea jdk? Please dig more into the story behind jaxb in
33 the #gentoo-java IRC and bugzilla.
34
35 Maybe fordfrog have a better answer (@fordfrog, not sure if you have
36 subscribed to gentoo-soc, I am Ccing you).
37
38 > I hope the newer version ebuild files could be accepted by Gentoo-Java
39 > team. The prototype of the ebuild files that are just generated by
40 > java-ebuilder are listed in [2].
41
42 Please start the code review processes of the new java packages by
43 submitting bug reports and pull requests when you see fit.
44
45 Benda
46
47 > [1] lookup table containing all packages from dev-java/
48 > https://github.com/6-6-6/JEbuilder/blob/master/app-portage/java-ebuilder/files/scripts/LUT/LUT
49 > [2] a prototype overlay
50 > https://github.com/6-6-6/spark-overlay/tree/master/dev-java