From: Rafael Martins <rafael@×××××××××××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>, robbat2@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Re: Distfile patching support - Weekly report #5
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 18:37:04
1 On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Rafael Martins
2 <rafael@×××××××××××××××××.br> wrote:
3 > Hi all
4 >
5 > Quick summary: Improve the performance of the Gentoo Linux mirrors by
6 > reducing the overall bandwidth load, allowing people to fetch binary
7 > patches from the mirrors, instead of the full source tarballs, when
8 > updating some package. This project is partially based on GLEP 25.
9 >
10 > The project is ahead of schedule.
11 >
12 > == Progress ==
13 >
14 > This week I didn't much, I guess. I'm fixing some thing in my scripts
15 > for the full tree run, that I can't start yet. I was also working on
16 > my Bachelor thesis and organizing things for FISL[1]. The project is
17 > yet ahead of schedule though. On the "publicity" side I talked about
18 > my project at Google OSS Jam São Paulo [2], last thursday, and got
19 > some nice feedback.
20 >
21 > == Next steps ==
22 >
23 > Tomorrow I'm traveling to Porto Alegre to represent Gentoo at FISL
24 > [1]. We'll have a booth there. If you are around, check it out :).
25 > Anyway, I'll be running the tests from there, and monitoring.
26 >
27 > [1] http://rafaelmartins.eng.br/post/google-oss-jam-2011-sao-paulo/
28 > [2] http://softwarelivre.org/fisl12?lang=en
31 Bah, I messed the references :P