From: heroxbd <heroxbd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Re: Gentoo on Android: Summary for 2013.6.20-21
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 07:10:00
1 Dear Guy and Gals,
2
3 Gentoo on Android is about running Gentoo natively on Android
4 devices[1], mentored by Luca.
5
6 heroxbd <heroxbd@×××××.com> writes:
7
8 > heroxbd <heroxbd@×××××.com> writes:
9 >
10 >> Plan for 6.20 and 6.21:
11 >>
12 >> a. clear out the requirement of cross compile on Prefix and roll out
13 >> a GLEP draft. We are already gaining momentum on a
14 >> specification in Prefix community.
15 >>
16 >> b. reflect more on gcc spec hack of toolchain, discussed today on
17 >> IRC gentoo-prefix with redlizard and Mr. (surprise!)
18 >> ABCD. Construct a toy system if time permitted.
19 >>
20 >> We have accumulated many kinds of wrappers that injects magic
21 >> command line oppotions in Gentoo Prefix, and Prefix/libc adds
22 >> even more. Things are getting more complex. By centering all
23 >> hacks into gcc specs would make an elegant solution, with a
24 >> by-product of merging {gcc,binutils}-config between Gentoo Prefix
25 >> and vanilla.
26 >>
27 >> An example of hacking gcc spec from LFS:
28 >>
29 >> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter06/adjusting.html
30 >
31 > a. Greg is working on crossdev on Prefix promptly[2], I'll try to
32 > synchronize with him and make a version of Prefix-enabled crossdev
33 > ready to be included upstream.
34 >
35 > b. Get a proof of concept of gcc spec hack and roll out a Prefix/libc on
36 > armhf based on it.
37
38 Unfortunately, I have no advancement during last week. There has been an
39 intense lecture scheduled unexpectedly. In spite of that, I am on
40 overall schedule.
41
42 I'd like to push the above plan into next week, in addition to the
43 following:
44
45 a. Talk to infra team to distribute a stage4 of armv7a-hardfloat
46 Prefix/glibc, probably in gentoo/experimental in mirror.
47
48 b. announce the stage4 in XDA[1]
49
50 c. investigate and distribute a stage4 installer in Google Play[2].
51 purchasing of a developer account on Google Play may be needed.
52
53 I may need to learn simple android GUI programming to write such
54 a installer.
55
56 Cheers,
57 Benda