From: Andrey Falko <afalko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>, Gentoo Catalyst <gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Catalyst Python reimplementation
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 18:07:09
1 Hi Dmitry,
2
3 You should be able to follow this guide to install Gentoo without an UI:
4 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml . At first glance,
5 it looks daunting, but in reality if you follow the steps and read
6 carefully you'll have a Gentoo system up and running in no time. Using
7 something like virtualbox is sufficent, in fact, it makes following the
8 install handbook easier because you don't have to print the entire guide.
9 Also you can snapshot your virtual machine in case you make a mistake and
10 need to roll back. All in all, you'll pick up some good GNU/Linux knowledge
11 if you successfully install Gentoo, which never hurts :).