From: Mu Qiao <qiaomuf@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: Robert Piasek <dagger@g.o>, Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>, Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Progress of Gentoo NetworkManager Plug-in
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 05:01:32
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 This is the weekly report for Gentoo NetworkManager Plug-in.
4
5 I'm glad to tell you that writing support is implemented now. That means
6 any changes made via nm-applet will be written into /etc/conf.d/net and
7 /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf. You won't need to modify these
8 configuration files manually in most time.
9
10 #Details
11 It's about 2000 lines new code and keyfile plug-in helped me a lot.
12 I created a picture about the current status of the plug-in. If you are
13 interested, you could get more details from there(see the attachment).
14 In the picture I marked several features which are supported by NM but
15 are not supported by the configuration files. They won't be implemented
16 in the near future.
17
18 #Future work:
19 Test and fix bugs.
20 Improve documentation.
21 Think about how to support dh-client-id and dhcp-hostname.
22
23 Welcome you to join and test it. The overlay has already been updated.
24 Hope you enjoy it :). If you have any problems, feel free to contact me.
28 Cheers,
29 Mu Qiao
30 GnuPG fingerprint: 92B1 B0C4 8D14 F8C4 EFA5 3ACC 30B3 0DE4 17B1 57E9

NetworkManager Plugin.jpeg image/jpeg
signature.asc application/pgp-signature