From: Mu Qiao <qiaomuf@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] How to: set up your Blog and aggregate it on Planet
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 14:19:45
1 Hi all,
2
3 I don't use Blog before and I've successfully set up one for me and
4 aggregated it on Planet today. If you have problems doing it, hope this
5 mail could help you.
6
7 #Set up your own Blog
8 It's quite easy. Just choose one blog-hosting site such as wordpress.com
9 and blogger.com. I followed Donnie Berkholz's advice and have it set up
10 at wordpress.com. It's very easy and I'm sure you can do it.
11 Remember to create a category for Gentoo GSoC(You could name it "gentoo"
12 or "gsoc2010"). Once you have your blog set up, you can see the feed of
13 your Blog. You should also make your Blog public.
14
15 #Aggregate it on Planet
16
17 Then file a bug on bugs.gentoo.org. It should be "Website
18 www.gentoo.org" when you pick a product on which to enter the bug. Then
19 you can find "Planet" in "Component". In this way, your bug will
20 automatically be assigned to Planet Gentoo <planet@g.o>.
21 Then you just have to provide your feed URL(including category/tag) and
22 gravatar mail if needed.
23
24 Everything is done here and just wait for someone handle your bug.
25 Welcome :)
28 Cheers,
29 Mu Qiao
30 GnuPG fingerprint: 92B1 B0C4 8D14 F8C4 EFA5 3ACC 30B3 0DE4 17B1 57E9