From: darkdefende@×××××.com
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Ebuild Generator Week 5 update
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 22:41:06
This week I managed to get my program to generate an ebuild for the "doneyet"
project. However I soon discovered that my makefile parser was lacking
severely in some areas. Mainly I because looked at some makefile tutorials
and very simple makefile projects to lay down the basics of the parser.

Because the makefile parser is a really essential part in how the ebuild
generator looks for files to scan I had to rewrite nearly all code that
I had written in the makefile parser.
Because of this I am now behind schedule.

However I feel that the code is alot cleaner because of all the rewrites I
had to do. But I'm still not done so I need to prioritize what features I
will support in my makefile parser as there is a lot of stuff you can do with

Next week I will hopefully be able to generate an ebuild for the web browser
project "uzbl". It seems to use quite a few of the available makefile
commands and quirks. So when I'm able to generate an ebuild for it my
makefile parser should work on quite a few other projects.