From: Denis Romanchuk <den4ikkss@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Gsoc 2016: Denys Romanchuk
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 18:40:38
1 Hi there,
2 My name is Denys Romanchuk and I am from Kyiv, Ukraine. I am a fifth-year
3 student of the Electrical Engineering department at the National Technical
4 University of Ukraine "Kyiv Polytechnic Institute".
5 I've actually started using Gentoo while I was working on the LG WebOS
6 project (former HP Palm) and got excited from my Team Lead and few other
7 guys were using it for developing purposes. Since that time being a Gentoo
8 user on a daily basis I've made some few patches to Gentoo (you can find it
9 in my proposals). I would like to become the part of the community as I
10 think I can do a lot more for Gentoo than just a few patches and GSoC might
11 help to become more involved.
12 I've made two applications to Gentoo that is d2cc and libebuild.
13
14 The key points behind implementing new distributed compilation system -
15 d2cc are to design host-centric distributed architecture that is each host
16 has it's own job scheduling (alternative to icecc which has it's central
17 server responsible for scheduling and distcc which doesn't respect job
18 count when local and remote jobs are scheduled) and job limit
19 configuration, as well as there are problems presented with recently
20 powered on/off machines and network-isolated environment. Another advantage
21 of d2cc is zero-configuration that is fast and tear free setup and
22 discovering of another hosts running d2ccd(d2cc daemons).
23
24 Libebuild - the C library(along with python bindings) providing
25 implementation of package atoms parsing and package/value restrictions
26 modules and another related support for pkgcore - alternative package
27 manager for gentoo, which aims for high performance, good extensibility,
28 clean design and well-tested implementation.
31 You can find my view on that projects below
32 libebuild Gentoo proposal (Denys Romanchuk)
33 <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-cnCClasXk7gOG0vuYEfBLYNjKI59joKrzGkPSkzKKM/edit?usp=drive_web>
34 ​​
35 Gentoo d2cc proposal (Denys Romanchuk)
36 <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qsXW-vQUZ4UWSQCFAOuo5RgJlZUuUCmR6EudfdXe5sI/edit?usp=drive_web>
37