From: Mykyta Holubakha <hilobakho@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] pomu weekly report for week #3
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 05:18:17
1 This is the weekly report for the week of 19-25.06.
2
3 It was marked by the work on integrating package metadata in the
4 utility. Additionally, I've added a backend to add local ebuild files
5 in the repo, and a show backend to display package metadata. pomu
6 stores the relevant metadata which is necessary for uninstallation,
7 upgrades etc. A module to query impure state from the world (user) was
8 added as well.
9
10 While I've additionally planned to start working on proper
11 documentation (wiki page, manpages etc.) I was sidetracked by the
12 exams, though I've rescheduled it on the following week.
13
14 So, with the first phase evaluation coming closer, I'm confident in
15 staying close to the schedule. Thus, the following week will be
16 devoted to polishing and documenting everything, fixing cut corners,
17 and claryfying the architecture. I'm planning to write the
18 documentation as well and write the ebuild to deliver.
19
20 As always, my communications with my mentor were essential to my
21 progress. We spent a few hours having healthy dialogs with him sharing
22 insights about portage.
23
24 Plans for the coming week:
25 1) Add more polish to the product (and fix outstanding issues).
26 2) Review the architecture.
27 3) Write a manpage.
28 4) Start the page on gentoo wiki.
29 5) Write an ebuild.
30 6) Ensure all the goals so far have been met.
31
32 This weeks commits:
33 - Add local ebuild file backend
34 introduce a way to query the impure world (and the user)
35
36 - A show command to display installed package meta
37
38 - Integrate metadata with the module interface/repo
39
40 - Store backend name in the metadata dir
41
42 - Implemented package-specific metadata
43 Started integrating the metadata with pomu APIs
44
45 - Implemented manifest writing
46
47 - Initial manifest generation using repoman cli