From: Mu Qiao <qiaomuf@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: Robert Piasek <dagger@g.o>, Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>, Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo NetworkManager Plug-in Weekly Report #3
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 13:00:54
1 Hi,
2
3 I made a few updates for the plug-in these days. Actually there is no
4 big change. It’s because all the planned features have been implemented
5 and all the bugs I encountered have been fixed right now. In addition, I
6 haven’t heard of any bug report currently. It may be good news since it
7 suggests that the plug-in is probably stable right now. However, I would
8 really appreciate if anyone could give me some feedback.
9
10 Anyway, here is the list of updates:
11
12 * fixed a bug in WEP key handling
13 * support dhcp hostname
14 * support dhcp client id
15 * support specifying dhcp client type in nm-system-settings.conf
16
17 PS: You have to change your dhcp hostname and client id via
18 dhcpcd/dhclient configuration file. Writing these values back via GUI is
19 not supported currently.
20 The latest version of NetworkManager allow either dhcp client at
21 runtime, so dhcpcd and dhclient could be both compiled in. It's then
22 selectable via the config file /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf.
23 As a result, I've modified the code to support that.
24
25 If you have any suggest for future work, please let me know :)
29 Cheers,
30 Mu Qiao
31 GnuPG fingerprint: 92B1 B0C4 8D14 F8C4 EFA5 3ACC 30B3 0DE4 17B1 57E9