From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] We need your ideas for the Google Summer of Code 2018
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2018 15:00:56
1 On 20/01/2018 15:52, Alice Ferrazzi wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > The Google Summer of Code is a great program that's gotten us a lot of
5 > new developers over the past years we've participated.
6 > The time for it has come around again and we need project ideas!
7 >
8 > We're looking for something that a university student could accomplish
9 > in a summer's worth of full-time work. I'm sure that many of you have
10 > projects that you've never been able to get around to, and this is a
11 > great opportunity to make them happen.
12 >
13 > If you'd like to mentor a project, that would be awesome! But even if
14 > you don't, please put some ideas here:
15 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2018/Ideas
16 >
17 > Take a look at last year's list to see examples:
18 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2017/Ideas
19 >
20 > The time limit for adding ideas is January 23 17:00 UTC
23 Just to avoid making a mess, what is the procedure to recycle the ideas
24 put in the previous year?
25
26 lu