From: Angelos Perivolaropoulos <aperivol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo-GPG: Week 1 Report
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 00:45:22
1 Hello
2
3 This was my first week in the GSoC for the project Gentoo-GPG. For the
4 first half I will be working on improving and expanding the capabilities of
5 Gentoo-Keys <https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Gentoo-keys>, whose code
6 can be found in this Github repository
7 <https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo-keys>. My work for the first week was to:
8
9 - Install a fresh working Gentoo VM for testing.
10 - Create a requirements.txt that will included all the dependencies of
11 Gkeys.
12 - Find and fix older seed functions that have been broken because of
13 more recent patches.
14 - Check if functions for installing and deleting keys work correctly and
15 fix them if any issues appear.
16 - Study and learn more about how to use git.
17
18 My plan for next week is to:
19
20 - Implement an update check for seeds/binary keyrings.
21 - Study more on how to use git to be able to efficiently make and edit
22 Pull Requests
23
24 This post is also included in the blog here
25 <https://blogs.gentoo.org/gsoc2016-gentoo-gpg/2016/05/29/week-1-report/>.
26
27 -aeroniero
30 Virus-free.
33 <#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>