From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Welcome, GSoC students!
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 17:03:02
1 On 05/14/2010 06:04 PM, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
5 > Project Websites
6 > ================
7 >
8 > We highly recommend having a centralized location for information about
9 > you and your project, and Trac is an ideal way to do that. We are happy
10 > to set up Trac instances for your project, so it has an online home
11 > where people can go to learn more about it. This will provide you with a
12 > homepage, a wiki, a timeline, and possibly integration with your source
13 > code.
16 For my own projects I have Agilefant running:
17 http://www.agilefant.org/
18 Agilefant supports multiple products so anyone else who wants to use it
19 for their GSoC project, email me GPG signed and I'll email you back
20 credentials encrypted with that key.
24 > Progress Reports
25 > ================
26 >
27 > We expect weekly progress reports from each of you, at the very least.
28 > Feel free to report more often! Your mentor will tell you his preferred
29 > method of communication, but you must also post your weekly progress
30 > reports to the gentoo-soc mailing list, as well as on your blog for all
31 > to see. Make sure that you inform your mentor well in advance if you
32 > plan to be missing for a week or more (vacation, exams etc.). We
33 > understand that you have a student life to attend to in parallel, but if
34 > you are missing for more than a week without reason, we will be forced
35 > to disqualify you from the program.
38 I require daily scrum emails from all my students. Feel free to take any
39 other points from documentation I have available at:
40 http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B_ck8Y9ixNtFNjI2NmJkMzAtN2UzZS00ODEwLThhYzUtY2FiOTdhZGViYjE3&hl=en
41
42 Regards,
43 Petteri