From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: ebo@×××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] We need your ideas for the Google Summer of Code
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 19:38:10
1 Dnia 2014-02-20, o godz. 12:07:59
2 EBo <ebo@×××××××.com> napisał(a):
3
4 > I just ran into something that would likely make a seriously nice
5 > addition to Gentoo...
6 >
7 > It turns out that many distributions are moving away from the init
8 > style services to using systemd. A month or so ago I needed some
9 > toolchain that required systemd instead of init. I took the plunge and
10 > upgraded. The problem I am having now is that there are no documents
11 > detailing how to set up bridges, routers, and advanced networking using
12 > systemd on Gentoo. Having a decent how-to with updated ebuilds would be
13 > a godsend.
14
15 You may try to get net-misc/netifrc systemd-compatible. But I don't
16 know if it's GSoC-size task.
19 Best regards,
20 Michał Górny