From: Alice Ferrazzi <alicef@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: lu_zero@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] GSoC18: Interest in Rust Project
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2018 04:53:42
1 Hello Ace,
2
3 Welcome to the list!
6 On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 4:54 AM, ACE <dace1p@×××××.com> wrote:
7 > Hi, I am Ace from Shanghai Jiao Tong University in China, a two year old
8 > gentoo user.
11 Nice to see Gentoo users willing to participate in Gentoo GSoC!
12
13 > I started to learn rust last month. And since I'm already experienced in
14 > C/C++/golang/etc, it's does help me understand rust quickly, really
15 > impressive about its eforts to memory safety and abstraction.
16 > Still a beginner of ebuilds, but I know bash script, will catch it up soon.
17 > I am also watching bugs of rust packages to see whatever I can help.
20 Glad to have your interest!
21 Nice to see that you are already experienced in programming languages.
22 Is really nice that you are already checking bugs of rust packages,
23 keep the good work and don't hesitate to help out!
24 Would be nice if you get more familiarity with ebuilds.
25 Because that is one of required skill of the full Rust support project.
26 A nice but __old__ ebuild starting guide [1].
27 You can also check out the official devmanual [2].
28
29 > Thank you for reading my message
33 Feel free to ask on this list along with your preparation.
34 Then you can come back with a feasible plan for the summer.
37 [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Basic_guide_to_write_Gentoo_Ebuilds
38 [2] https://devmanual.gentoo.org
41 Thanks,
42 Alice Ferrazzi
43
44 Gentoo Kernel Project Leader
45 Gentoo Foundation Vice-Secretary
46 Gentoo Google Summer of Code Administrator
47 Mail: Alice Ferrazzi <alicef@g.o>
48 PGP: 2E4E 0856 461C 0585 1336 F496 5621 A6B2 8638 781A