From: Joachim <jbartosik@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo Council App
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 21:01:05
1 Hello,
2 I'm interested in creating Council web application.
3
4 I was reading log of the last council meeting and... if voting will be
5 held outside meetings maybe it's better to hold meeting on IRC. There
6 would be a bot that would log meeting ( and feed data about meeting to
7 web app). Web app would help with everything except meeting ( preparing
8 agenda, voting, preparing summaries, ...).
9
10 And now explaining with a little more detail.
11
12 1. Preparing agenda
13
14 Any developer could create a pending agenda item. Any developer may add
15 comments ( links, attachments, ...) and manage ( edit, remove...) stuff
16 [s]he added.
17
18 Council members may moderate discussion ( remove, make it council-only,
19 ...). Council members may add created items to agenda for scheduled meeting.
20
21 After putting item on agenda it'd be possible to give some more info
22 about it ( voting possibilities, how long council wants to discuss it...).
23
24 Also there should be a list of regular agenda items ( decide when next
25 meeting will be held).
26
27 2. Meetings
28 If meetings were held on IRC channel bot would:
29 - Log meetings.
30 - Publish logs.
31
32 Also I think that it should be able to simply ( for members) tell bot
33 what happens ( eg. what topic is being discussed now). Then it'd be
34 possible to attach relevant part of logs to agenda items.
35
36 3. After meetings
37 App should:
38 - Publish ( raw) logs.
39 - Allow editing logs.
40 - Allow voting for specified time ( if developers decide that council
41 should vote after the meetings).
42 - After voting is finished prepare stub summary.
43
44 What do you think about it?
45
46 Have a good evening,