From: Mu Qiao <qiaomuf@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o, Robert Piasek <dagger@g.o>, Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>, Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo NetworkManager Plug-in Weekly Report #5
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 06:59:36
1 Hi,
2
3 This week I started working with /etc/conf.d/network. This is a new
4 style config and I find it a little difficult because I didn't find any
5 document talking about it. So there are many aspects of it that I don't
6 understand well. Hopefully Roy Marples(author of openrc) could help me
7 with this. If you know anything more about it, please give me a hand :-)
8
9 What I have done is:
10 # created network_parser to parse /etc/conf.d/network
11 # created network_util to parse the new style config
12 # updated autotools support
13 # created a new branch named "network" at gitorious.org
14 network_parser could work now but there's more work to be done(remove
15 some useless operation which is used for /etc/conf.d/net). network_util
16 is not working since I don't totally understand /etc/conf.d/network.
17
18 I will have several exams in the next two weeks. So I probably will not
19 be available full time and the progress will be slowed down. But I will
20 still make progress and I'll speed up after my examination.
23 Cheers,
24 Mu Qiao
25 GnuPG fingerprint: 92B1 B0C4 8D14 F8C4 EFA5 3ACC 30B3 0DE4 17B1 57E9