From: Caleb Cushing <xenoterracide@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] About improved binary package support
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 23:59:01
1 On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 6:36 PM, Philipp Riegger <lists@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2 > Here you have a central server and stuff. Before somebody told me he
3 > wants to create the following: A p2p network where all the data is
4 > stored in the network (on different peers) and not on a central server.
5 > There you get a really distributed system with lots and lots of things
6 > to think about and lots and lots of problems to address. Argumentation
7 > was something like, it is very unlikely to get a server with enough
8 > disk space to store all packages in all configurations.
11 that's not true, but even if it were, we could easily store the
12 torrents locally, and have a central tracker that only devs with
13 'commit' access can commit to.
16 Caleb Cushing
17
18 http://xenoterracide.blogspot.com