From: Zhang Zongyu <zzy2529420793@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Weekly report: Big Data Infrastructure, Maven Overlay
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2020 14:42:47
1 Hello,
2
3 The first week of GSoC has passed, and I would like to announce what I
4 have done.
5
6 First, I have fixed some bugs of JavaEbuilder and
7 java-pkg-simple, and have stored some patches in my overlay.[1]
8 If there exist more bugs, I will fix them when I meet them.
9
10 On Wednesday, I discussed with Benda and formed the new procedure for
11 generating ebuilds.
12 The new procedure should be split into individual parts and be driven
13 by Makefile.
14 Makefile makes it easy to parallel tasks and recover from crashes.
15 In a nutshell, it will parse the output of java-ebuilder to construct a DAG,
16 and GNU Make will resolve the DAG and regenerate proper ebuild files
17 in parallel.
18 Here is a chart describing the targets of the Makefile.[2]
19
20 On Thursday and Friday, I have patched tree.sh and tested the method
21 of Makefile.
22 It worked flawlessly.
23
24 This week, I will start to implement different phases defined by the Makefile.
25
26 Regards,
27 Zhang Zongyu
28
29 [1] my overlay that contains patches of java-ebuilder
30 https://github.com/6-6-6/JEbuilder
31 [2] Google Sheet showing different stages of Makefile
32 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UwyjzuP1zjC_M1OcpPCSTMJmjhigvWAKKl9IG3h4AMg/edit?usp=sharing
33 [3] Time Table
34 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R36-bjkmEy0uhigpWTNAQcqy_slO3B1q_YLX1kbEE_c/edit?usp=sharing