From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] (draft) final report for OpenRC soc project 2012
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 09:14:42
1 On 8/17/12 7:39 AM, heroxbd@×××××.com wrote:
2 > Hi, Rich,
3 >
4 > Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> writes:
5 >
6 >> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 4:38 AM, <heroxbd@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >>> Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> writes:
8 >>>> Were is it? I'd like to read it =)
9 >>>
10 >>> http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Comparison_of_init_systems
11 >>>
12 >>> And the "counter systemd" talk page,
13 >>>
14 >>> http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Talk:Comparison_of_init_systems
15 >>
16 >> Just a comment on this - OpenRC is listed as having parallel startup
17 >> support, but I believe that this configuration is actually considered
18 >> unsupported on Gentoo even if the code is there. I believe even the
19 >> configuration options were removed from the config file to discourage
20 >> their user (though if somebody happens to know about the option they
21 >> can add it in and it will work.
22 >>
23 >> It is probably worth noting that this is an experimental feature in a
24 >> comparison.
25 >
26 > Thanks a lot for the comment. I agree. Nobody cares about the tiny (not
27 > tested) booting up time gain with rc_parallel.
28
29 It can be not so tiny, surely busybox+openrc gives a better gain in many
30 cases.
31
32 > I think it was "Parallel service startup - OpenRC - yes(buggy)" in wiki
33 > before.
34
35 Keep it like this, help on making it non-buggy is welcome
36
37 lu