From: Pavlos Ratis <dastergon@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] GSoC 2014: Gentoo Keys - Expansion and improvements
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 16:41:32
1 Hello,
2
3 My name is Pavlos Ratis and I go by the nickname of dastergon. I am an
4 undergraduate student of Informatics Engineering in the Technical
5 Educational Institute of Central Macedonia, Greece. I’ve been using
6 Gentoo since 2008 or so. From late 2012 and then I am an official and
7 active Gentoo developer. Furthermore, I've participated in Google
8 Summer of Code 2013 with Gentoo Foundation where I worked on
9 identity.gentoo.org which aims to be an LDAP front-end for Gentoo
10 infrastructure.
11
12 I am interested in improving and expanding the capabilities of Gentoo Keys[1].
13 Gentoo Keys is a Python based project[2] that aims to manage the GPG
14 keys used for validation on users and Gentoo's infrastructure
15 servers.These keys will be any/all of the release keys, developer keys
16 and any other third party keys or keyrings available or needed.
17
18 Gentoo Keys will be able to verify GPG keys used for Gentoo's release
19 media, such as installation CD's, Live DVD's, packages and other GPG
20 signed documents. In addition, It will be used by Gentoo
21 infrastructure team to achieve GPG signed git commits in the
22 forthcoming git migration of the main CVS tree.
23
24 I am looking forward to your feedback and your questions.
25
26 [1] Project page: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Gentoo-keys
27 [2] Gentoo Keys repo:
28 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/gentoo-keys.git