From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: dhiraj kadam <kadamdhiraj96@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Re: Query on Standalone Gentoo Chromebook Project.
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 06:23:46
1 Hi dhiraj,
2
3 Glad to have your interest. Let's continue our discussion to the public
4 mailing list gentoo-soc.
5
6 dhiraj kadam <kadamdhiraj96@×××××.com> writes:
7
8 > I hope you're doing fine. I'm glad to have this opportunity to
9 > contribute.
10 >
11 > Sorry for the late email, but I recently got to know about this
12 > google's program of Summer of code. I am keenly interested to
13 > participate and also have good knowledge and skills required for it.
14
15 It will be very helpful if you could elaborate your good knowledge and
16 skills. For example, but not limited to,
17
18 - Have you used a chromebook? If so for how long? Have you ever built a
19 chromiumOS by yourself?
20 - Are you a Gentoo user? If so for how long? Have you ever wrote an
21 ebuild by yourself?
22
23 > I want to work on this project and need some information how to get
24 > started, is there any task that I need to submit before proposal
25 > application deadline?
26
27 This project calls for familiarity with Gentoo toolchain as a basic
28 skill to hack on chromebooks. It will be great if you could demonstrate
29 your programming ability by resolving 1-3 bugs assigned to the Gentoo
30 Toolchain Team.
31
32 https://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?email1=toolchain%40gentoo.org&emailassigned_to1=1&emailcc1=1&emaillongdesc1=1&emailtype1=substring&list_id=3881886&query_format=advanced&resolution=---
33