From: Kasun Gajasinghe <kasunbg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: kiorky <kiorky@××××××××××.net>, Serkan Kaba <serkan@g.o>, Alistair Bush <ali_bush@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo Maven Integration - Weekly Report #5
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 01:02:10
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 As usual,
4 -----------------Goal-----------------
5 The goal of this project is to be easily able to write ebuilds for
6 upstream projects that use Apache Maven as the build system. The Maven
7 integration allows to natively use Apache Maven in Java packages in
8 the main tree. The current system work around the support for Maven
9 projects by transforming them to Ant. It generates build.xml via “mvn
10 ant:ant” command and sanitizes that. This conversion too has some
11 problems and needs to fixed. With this project, developers gains the
12 ability to use native Maven support for writing ebuilds and will get
13 full support for using maven-to-ant feature.
16 -----------------Progress-----------------
17
18 * Some details about the progress so far can be found at
19 https://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/java/wiki/Maven_Integration
20 * At the end of last week, I was able to install almost all the
21 mandatory packages. So, we packaged maven-core with all it's
22 dependencies, and finally added the maven ebuild. There were some
23 configurations needed to be done to the original mvn script. This was
24 to make to it work under the gentoo environment, as well as to handle
25 packaging done via maven build tool. These things are complete now.
26
27 Well, the script didn't ran in the first run. There were some missing
28 component-descriptors which needs to be fixed. Now, I'm on my way to
29 fixing these. Apparently, the Debian guys who implemented this on
30 their platform faced this problem too. For more details:
31 http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=542162
32 So, now I'm in the process of tracking the error down.
33
34 * java-maven-2.eclass bug fix: all the build files should be bsfixed
35 at once since java-ant_bsfix_files can only run one time. This is
36 because JAVA_ANT_JAVADOC_OUTPUT_DIR is a readonly var that is defined
37 java-ant_bsfix_files function.
38
39 * Fixed issues with doxia, now it can be emerged successfully.
40
41 * There were another set of ebuild bumps and additions. See
42 http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/java/timeline
43
44 Regards,
45 --Kasun