From: "André Erdmann" <dywi@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-soc <gentoo-soc@l.g.o>
Cc: Rafael Martins <rafaelmartins@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] kernelconfig - progress report #6
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2016 17:47:54
1 Hi everyone,
4 == Brief summary of this project ==
5
6 kernelconfig is about generating kernel configuration files,
7 using various sources such as curated defconfigs, detected hardware,
8 installed packages and user input.
9
10 The project's code can be found at [0].
13 == This week's progress ==
14
15 I am currently working on "curated sources",
16 the code resides in the "feature/sources" branch for now.
17 This week's work focused on implementing the various source types
18 that can be used to get an input .config file.
19 So far it is possible to use local files or fetch files via http(s),
20 or run "make defconfig", an arbitrary command or a script.
21 Scripts can be embedded into the settings file, or exist as separate files.
22 It's also possible to use the "sources" scripts from the original project.
23
24 The source types have access to information about the kernel
25 being configured, e.g. the target architecture, by means of
26 string formatting or via environment variables (where applicable).
27 Additionally, there are 'automatic' format variables,
28 for example "outconfig", which is replaced with the path to a temporary file
29 and tells kernelconfig to find the input .config file at this path.
32 == Plans for the next week ==
33
34 The design of "curated sources" is mostly done, during the next week,
35 I will improve some aspects such as verifying arch/parameters passed to scripts,
36 and add actual sources.
39 [0] https://github.com/dywisor/kernelconfig
40
41 Regards,