From: Ashwin Kumar <ashwinkumar3098@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>, Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Project - Standalone Gentoo Chromebook
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 01:11:51
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 I remounted the partitions with read/write and execute option. Then
4 downloaded the toolchain repository, moved it to the right directory, set
5 the path and symlinked them to /usr/bin. Later, I configured portage to
6 pull from the gentoo repository, fetched the latest snapshot, setup
7 make.conf and ask it to compile and build the package. Also, I did manually
8 build some packages from sources that were necessary for portage.
9
10 I tried to update the profile but got struck in circular dependencies. So,
11 I am emerging those packages now. I was able to emerge sys-devel/binutils
12 but now struck with emerging sys-devel/gcc.
13
14 [1] Blog : https://zshzero.github.io/blog/gsoc/week2
17 - Cheers
18