From: Pengcheng Xu <i@××××××××.moe>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Interest on Portage powered Android - GSoC 2018 Ideas
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 03:53:07
1 Hi,
2
3 I’m a undergraduate student current studying Computer Science at Peking University, China, and I’d been
4 using Gentoo (on my laptop and a good old SPARC server with Gentoo Linux as well as Gentoo Prefix on
5 Mac) and playing with Android for pretty long. One of 2018 GSoC Ideas, namely Portage powered Android [1],
6 seems to be very interesting for me.
7
8 My current ideas on the topic is much the same as heroxbd as listed on the ideas page. We have discussed
9 this as well. With my current experience with Gentoo (Linux and Prefix), I believe that I can handle this project
10 with work and, perhaps, some research.
11
12 Don’t hesitate if you have any questions. Thanks in advance.
15 Pengcheng Xu
16 i@××××××××.moe
19 [1]: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2018/Ideas/Portage_powered_Android <https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2018/Ideas/Portage_powered_Android>