From: Detlev Casanova <detlev.casanova@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Re: GSoC -- Week 7
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 16:11:08
1 On Monday 12 July 2010 17:47:16 Detlev Casanova wrote:
2 > If you like lists :
3 >
4 > Finish a working version of the interpreter
5 > Make the interpreter work with arguments
6 > Make the interpreter work with class instances
7 > Read out the new layman API
8 > Solve a problem that prevents functions from being executed
9 > Create an overlay C class that uses the new layman API
10 > Restructure classes
11 > Add some methods to Overlay, fix some warnings
12 > Implement Config and DbBase
13 > Add a C <-> Python Dict class and fix DbBase to take a Dict for it's config
14 > argument
15 > Get proper layman branch, Check what should really be implemented
16 > Implement the whole LaymanAPI
17 > Get the proper layman Python library and fix BareConfig constructor
18 > Make tester and fix compilation issues
19 >
20 > If you don't :
21 >
22 > This week, I've decided that the interpreter is the best solution to
23 > execute python code, especially because what's going to be used is a
24 > stable Python API.
25 >
26 > I've also written a C version of the layman API Brian Dolbec wrote earlier
27 > this week. It allows doing everything you need to do with Layman :
28 > add/remove/get information from/sync a layman overlay.
29 >
30 > The C lib sources can be downloaded on my git repository :
31 >
32 > git clone http://soc.dev.gentoo.org/~cazou/c-portage c-portage
33
34 I changed the location of the repository, it is now in
35
36 http://soc.dev.gentoo.org/~cazou/c-layman
37
38 so, do a
39
40 git clone http://soc.dev.gentoo.org/~cazou/c-layman c-layman
41
42 > There is no building system yet, I'm working on it but having internet
43 > connexion issues does not help at all.
44 >
45 > All you'll find in that repository is a 'src' directory. Enter it and type
46 > the compile command line :
47 >
48 > gcc -W -Wall -L/usr/lib/python2.6/ -lpython2.6 -I/usr/include/python2.6/ -o
49 > tester --std=c99 -g *.c
50 >
51 > and execute ./tester.
52 >
53 > I you want it to work, You'll need Brian's Python layman API :
54 >
55 > git clone http://dev.gentooexperimental.org/~dol-sen/git/layman.git
56 >
57 > and switch to the API branch
58 >
59 > git checkout api
60 >
61 > (if this last one does not work, try git checkout -b api
62 > remotes/origin/api)
63 >
64 > You must know that memory management is still crappy and not everything has
65 > been tested.
66 > Brian might also have pushed some updates to the code taht prevents from
67 > syncing an overlay.
68 >
69 > Documentation will come but currently, it's the very same as Brian's layman
70 > API.
71 >
72 > I also have to speak more, give more details and comment the code more,
73 > that's something I tend not to do and reminding it to me is a very good
74 > idea :-)
75
76 Cheers,
77