From: Detlev Casanova <detlev.casanova@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] GSoC week 6
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 12:26:56
1 Lot's of little things the week :
2
3 Fix buttons in QueueTab
4 Fix packages lexical order
5 Fix freeze when installing
6 Fix add to queue button in PortageTab
7 Switch to KstatusNotifierItem
8 Write a live ebuild
9 Fix package double click
10 Fix first() and last() packages
11 Fix .desktop file
12 Check API needs
13 Fix add to queue button
14 Read and understand kuroo's etc-update code
15 Setup c-portage git repository on soc.dev.gentoo.org
16 Started working on the C portage API – runner
17 Started working on the C portage API – Interpreter
18
19 As the remaining bugs in kuroo become hard to solve without fixing portage
20 interface related bugs, I started to focus on the new C portage API.
21
22 I'm currently facing 2 possibilities : running a script (as in PackageKit) or
23 directly execute Python commands from within C.
24
25 As one of the new portage API's first goal is to be stable, embedding Python in
26 C is quite a good idea.
27
28 This week, I'll figure this one out and start working on a structure for the C
29 library.
30
31 Detlev.