From: listout <brahmajit.xyz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc <gentoo-soc@l.g.o>
Cc: sam <sam@g.o>, dilfridge <dilfridge@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Week 10 Report for Musl support expansion to support GNOME desktop
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 05:43:30
1 Hey there folks, sorry for being late. With the end of week 10 I'm here
2 with my tenth weekly report.
3
4 With this week I've mainly been working on fixing failing test cases on
5 musl, as my mentor suggested it would be more challenging and
6 educational. My mentor has assigned me a few ones to look have a look,
7 these mainly include the zsh shell, Git and mc (Midnight Commander).
8
9 However I've been stuck with them and finding them quite challenging,
10 and my mentor has been working with me to help as much as he can.
11
12 I took the Midnight Commander (mc) as the first one, there are two
13 failing test cases and both of them are quite interesting. One of theme
14 is the "path_len" test and another one is the "vfs_path_string_convert"
15 test. I've looked at the path_len. The whole path string is not being
16 loaded or read for some reason. The expected length is 38 and the
17 returned value is 12. I've not taken a detailed look at the
18 "vfs_path_string_convert" test.
19
20 For zsh three tests ( A03quoting.ztst B03print.ztst V09datetime.ztst )
21 are failing. I have not got a chance to take a deeper look that the zsh
22 tests. I'll have a look at them this week (currently in progress).
25 For Git, weirdly the there are not failing test cases (even on musl)
26 when pulled from source, while there is ~3 failing ones when it's
27 emerged using portage. Even the live ebuild fails.
30 I hope this was a concise enough report for week ten, although not much
31 week of GSoC is left, I hope to bring something interesting next week.
32 --
33 Regards,
34 listout