From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: Mishal Roy <roymishal210@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Re: Application for Google Summer of Code 2018 - Mishal Roy
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2018 11:50:21
1 Hi Mishal,
2
3 Thank you for your interest!
4
5 That's move the discussion to the dedicated Gentoo mailing list.
6
7 Mishal Roy <roymishal210@×××××.com> writes:
8
9 > I am Mishal Roy , Third Year EXTC ( Electronics and Telecommunication)
10 > engineering student of Mumbai University,India. I have keen interest
11 > in Operating Systems and posses excellent coding skills.
12 >
13 > I came to know about your Gentoo project of Portage Powered Android
14 > through Google Summer of Code 2018. I have been working on a similar
15 > project which is based on running Desktop Linux Operating System on an
16 > Android device.
17
18 That's great! Could you discuss more on the project? That's sound very
19 similar to our purpose.
20
21 > Multiple times I have unlocked bootloaders and rooted Android devices.
22 > I have compiled kernels and modules for Ubuntu, Puppy Linux, Android
23 > and successfully ran them.I have gone through scripts that create
24 > Android boot image. I posses knowledge of glibc, bionic libraries,
25 > Android Architecture and FHS.
26
27 > I am enthusiastic and excited to work in your project.I am very
28 > hopeful that my knowledge mentioned above will certainly be helpful
29 > for the project.
30
31 Very impressive. How much do you know about Gentoo portage and ebuild?
32 It is crucial to have skills on them as a Gentoo SOC project.
33
34 Cheers,
35 Benda