From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Congratulations!
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 17:08:59
1 On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 12:12 AM, Sebastian
2 Pipping<webmaster@××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > Part of the code is integrated at Smolt upstream.
4 > The remaining part is planned to be merged upstream, too.
5 > Neither upstream nor I want a fork and if upstream resources can handle
6 > the extra Gentoo load we will just upgrade the instance running behind
7 > http://www.smolts.org/ and submit the Gentoo data to that, too.
10 If this is combined with some sort of gentoo-infra based backups of
11 the data, it would be nice.
12
13 > I should mention that load is not to be neglected, both looking at
14 > processing time of a single submission as well as storage needs.  I hope
15 > to further improve on the SQL alchemy logic used in my code to make
16 > submission handling faster.
19 You mentioned that upstream needs to check if they can handle Gentoo
20 load, was this the bottleneck in that?
23 > Anything else you want to know?
26 I would say: Is there anything else *you* want to tell us? :)
29 ~Nirbheek Chauhan
30
31 GNOME+Mozilla Team, Gentoo