From: "Amadeusz Żołnowski" <aidecoe@×××××××.name>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Dracut port - weekly progress - week 7
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 22:35:39
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 All important modules are ported. Some need a few tweaks but generally
4 Dracut provides the same functionality Genkernel initramfs generator
5 does. And good news for some of you: PLYMOUTH WORKS (thanks to
6 Martin Benz who created the ebuild). Tested it with my fork of
7 Dracut and worked. :-)
8
9 Here's summary:
10
11 Module Status
12
13 01fips FIXED¹
14 50plymouth OK (>=sys-boot/plymouth-0.8.3²)
15 90crypt ENHANCED³
16 95dasd SKIPPED⁴
17 95dasd_mod SKIPPED⁴
18 95debug ENHANCED
19 95fcoe NO TOOLS
20 95iscsi OK
21 95nbd OK
22 95nfs OK
23 95resume OK⁵
24 95zfcp SKIPPED⁴
25 95znet SKIPPED⁴
26 98selinux OK
27
28 1. Fixed, should be OK, but not tested because setting it up is PITA
29 and not especially important.
30 2. Not yet in Portage tree but ebuild from Martin Benz (see #274065)
31 works without a problem with my fork of Dracut. Martin reported tiny
32 problem with dracut-006. I've posted workaround as dracut-006-r1.
33 Reported problem is already properly solved in official Dracut's git
34 repo.
35 3. Added support for keys on external devices but it's not fully
36 finished. Needs some more work, but it's not so important for now
37 (since it worksforme ;-)).
38 4. Do it later, maybe. Have to set up special environment for them,
39 e.g. dasd is for S/390, so some emulator…
40 5. Tested with µswsusp only.
41
42 Moreover I've refectored the ebuild, added new USE flags and updated
43 dependencies. There's just kernel config check left. Ebuild works with
44 my repo. When new version of Dracut will be released (with things I've
45 submitted) just small details will have to be changed.
46
47 Now I'm switching to Genkernel integration.
48
49 References:
50
51 * activity at LKML: http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-initramfs/