From: Zhang Zongyu <zzy2529420793@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Big Data Infrastructure and Maven Overlay in Week 5
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2020 16:05:11
1 Hello,
2
3 This week I have done a lot of repetitive work. That is, to go through
4 all of the ebuild files in Gentoo Repository and to get them the
5 equivalent GroupId and ArtifactId in Maven Central. There are more
6 than 500 packages in dev-java/ and java-virtual/ category, and
7 sometimes one Gentoo package may correspond to more than one Maven
8 artifact, so it took me a lot of time to complete them. And here is my
9 lookup up table which covers all packages in dev-java/ and maps
10 "category/package:slot" into "groupId:artifactId".[1] As a result,
11 spark-core can make use of more than 100 Gentoo native packages now.
12
13 Besides, I have also added java-ebuilder some features. It can check
14 the metadata of a package and get the correct SLOT, and it can make
15 ebuild unpack "Maven Central distributed source files" into proper
16 ${JAVA_SRC_DIR} now.
17
18 Next week I am going to test and add jaxb (javax.xml.bind:jaxb-api and
19 javax.xml.bind:jaxb-impl) and some newer version packages which are
20 required by spark-core, and I hope the newer version ebuild files
21 could be accepted by Gentoo-Java team. The prototype of the ebuild
22 files that are just generated by java-ebuilder are listed in [2].
23
24 Regards,
25 Zhang Zongyu
26
27 [1] lookup table containing all packages from dev-java/
28 https://github.com/6-6-6/JEbuilder/blob/master/app-portage/java-ebuilder/files/scripts/LUT/LUT
29 [2] a prototype overlay
30 https://github.com/6-6-6/spark-overlay/tree/master/dev-java