From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] We need your ideas for the Google Summer of Code
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 21:59:05
1 On 02/13/2014 04:51 PM, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > The Google Summer of Code is a great program that's gotten us a lot of
5 > new developers over the past 8 years we've participated. The time for it
6 > has come around again and we need project ideas!
7 >
8 > We're looking for something that a university student could accomplish
9 > in a summer's worth of full-time work. I'm sure that many of you have
10 > projects that you've never been able to get around to, and this is a
11 > great opportunity to make them happen.
12 >
13 > If you'd like to mentor a project, that would be awesome! But even if
14 > you don't, please put some ideas here:
15 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2014/Ideas
16 >
17 > If you could post ideas today and tomorrow, that would be most helpful
18 > because we need to submit the list to Google tomorrow afternoon. Take a
19 > look at last year's list to see examples:
20 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2013/Ideas
21 >
22 Gentoo + musl. See http://www.musl-libc.org/
23
24 I've got some rough stage4's for amd64 and i686 but we need to 1) get
25 these building cleanly under catalyst and 2) more arches, particularly
26 arm, mips/mipsel.
27
28 The project would involve understanding posix and libc's in general and
29 some ecclectic hacking to get packages to build under musl.
32 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
33 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
34 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
35 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
36 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA