From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Layman Improvements -- introductory report
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 19:35:48
1 On 05/19/14 14:44, Devan Franchini wrote:
2 > Hello Gentoo community!
3 >
4 > For this GSoC 2014 I've been accepted by the Gentoo Foundation to work on
5 > improvements to the Gentoo tool, Layman. I will have two mentors[1] the official
6 > one on my Google melange is Matthew Summers (quantumsummers)[2], and Brian
7 > Dolbec (dol-sen).
8 >
9 > Throughout the summer I hope to expand the available repo types supported along
10 > with adding new features such as:
11 >
12 > * Repo URL updating
13 > * Syncing overlays through portage
14 > * A utility script for creating layman XML definitions
15 > * Per repo branch user settings.
16 >
17 > To list a few.
18 >
19 > Source Code:
20 >
21 Brian, Devan and Matt,
22
23 Feature request: layamn -b <branch> <overlay> to switch branches on git
24 overlays.
25
26 --Tony
29 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
30 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
31 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
32 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
33 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA