From: Angel Perivolaropoulos <justthisthing@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo-GPG: Week 9 Report
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 07:56:20
1 Hello,
2
3 This was my ninth week in the GSoC for the project Gentoo-GPG. For the
4 second half, I will be developing the new MetaManifest system that will
5 provide an efficient and secure way to verify the integrity of Gentoo
6 distribution.
7
8 My work for this week was to:
9
10 - Add package manifest verification before the category MetaManifest
11 generation to ensure the integrity of the package manifest files.
12 - Add more test cases for the verification.
13 - Rewrite the create category and master manifest functions to make them
14 more efficient and less resource heavy.
15 - Rewrite other minor methods for efficiency.
16
17 My plan for next week is to:
18
19 - Show the code to the other Gentoo devs for feedback
20 - Continue optimizing and debugging according to feedback.
21 - After finishing the debugging of the Meta-Manifest system, generate email
22 reminders for keys nearing expiry.
23
24 - aeroniero