From: Oliver Schinagl <oliver@××××××××.nl>
To: steev@×××××.net, gentoo-soc@l.g.o, "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>, steev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Upstart on Gentoo report #4
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 19:50:02
1 So things are definably speeding up, though last weeks Midterm
2 evaluation was quite the bump in the road.
3
4 That aside, this week I'll be trying a new approach temporary, see if I
5 can take a shortcut. I'll see how much effort it would be, and
6 experiment a little on trying to get upstart to boot all of our OpenRC
7 scripts using upstart. There'll be some glue code needed, or glue
8 scripts but I think this may work quite well and cut dev time
9 drastically to get something working. Even though being one of those
10 developers that doesn't want to release anything before it's perfect, I
11 do completly agree with 'release early, and release often' So if this
12 shortcut gets us a working upstart system quickly, it'll be well worth it.
13
14 Also, i'll be going on vacation Saturday! I'll be online and everything
15 from there, it's more visiting family, but I do quite look forward to
16 coding up in the sunny mountains of austria whilst having a nice
17 conversation with my Grandmother who I only get to see once a year (if
18 i'm lucky). So nothing will change in regard to GSoC, though I will be
19 afk whilst driving (no mobile internet).
20
21 Until next week, with a new update!