From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] We need your ideas for the Google Summer of Code
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 19:10:54
1 On 13/02/14 22:51, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > The Google Summer of Code is a great program that's gotten us a lot of
5 > new developers over the past 8 years we've participated. The time for it
6 > has come around again and we need project ideas!
7 >
8 > We're looking for something that a university student could accomplish
9 > in a summer's worth of full-time work. I'm sure that many of you have
10 > projects that you've never been able to get around to, and this is a
11 > great opportunity to make them happen.
12 >
13 > If you'd like to mentor a project, that would be awesome! But even if
14 > you don't, please put some ideas here:
15 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2014/Ideas
16 >
17 > If you could post ideas today and tomorrow, that would be most helpful
18 > because we need to submit the list to Google tomorrow afternoon. Take a
19 > look at last year's list to see examples:
20 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2013/Ideas
23 My list could be re-proposed again.