From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] GSoC 2013: Log collector
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 02:08:38
1 On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 9:48 PM, Antanas Uršulis
2 <antanas.ursulis@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > --- portage would implement a client which can submit logs to the
4 > collector, possibly providing information why the package failed
5
6 While this isn't exactly necessary for tinderbox purposes, having
7 portage be able to dump consolidated logs (tarball, etc) might be
8 really useful for bug reporting purposes in general. Right now we ask
9 users to submit a laundry list of useful data that requires several
10 commands to consolidate. If a simple command dumped all the useful
11 info relevant to the last failed build into a tarball suitable for
12 attachment to a bug, that might be very useful all-around.
13
14 This could also be leveraged for a bug reporter as well. The tarball
15 might include an xml or text that contains relevant metadata for the
16 failed build suitable for parsing by the log server.
17
18 Just a random thought - not my project...
19
20 Rich