From: Ahmed Soliman <ahmedsoliman0x666@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Porting relibc Relibc
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2020 09:42:31
1 Oh I see thank you, for some reason I thought rr might be the nickname
2 of someone on IRC who might help with issues arising in GDB.
3
4 Thanks for pointing out the tool!
5 Ahmed.
6
7 On Mon, 6 Jul 2020 at 10:55, Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
8 >
9 > On 06/07/2020 09:45, Ahmed Soliman wrote:
10 > >
11 > > That is also why I mentioned that gdb wasn't useful, not because it
12 > > wasn't working (in fact I added support for it in a previous patch
13 > > set) but because of the nature of the bug I faced, It was not
14 > > something that one can pinpoint quickly when using a debugger.
15 >
16 > Thus why I suggested using rr, it usually helps when tracking issues
17 > hard to pinpoint using the normal gdb. :)
18 >
19 > lu
20 >