From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Congratulations!
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:54:51
1 On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 9:48 PM, Sebastian Pipping<webmaster@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
3 >> Nah, it's safer to do it manually (while using svn to do updates).
4 >
5 > What's safer about it?
8 Manual updation is more reliable than webapp-config updation,
9 especially with a non-dev ebuild :)
10
11 >>> I think that will not work as that's stuff that need to be done before
12 >>> deploying the "real thing".  That's a chicken-and-egg thing, it seems.
13 >>
14 >> Well, chicken and egg problems need extra effort to resolve. But on
15 >> the bright side you *know* what the turning point will be :)
16 >
17 > I don't get a word :-)
20 I mean, you need to be a komodo dragon to solve a chicken and egg
21 problem, but on the bright side you know that when you solve the
22 chicek and egg problem the project is self-sustaining.
26 ~Nirbheek Chauhan
27
28 GNOME+Mozilla Team, Gentoo