From: "Michał Poczwardowski" <dmp0x7c5@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: mgorny@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] GSoC 2013: Package bug assignment in Bugzilla
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 15:01:19
1 Hello Gentoo Devs,
2
3 My name is Michal Poczwardowski, 23, Poland. I am interested in taking
4 part in this year's Google Summer of Code. In short, I've been using
5 Gentoo since 2006 and I was GSoC student in 2011 and 2012 (for Tcl/Tk
6 and BlueZ). More details on a website[1].
7
8 I found "Package bug assignment in Bugzilla" idea as one of most
9 interesting among others. I did some research: There is
10 CFAutoComplete[2] plugin that could be used - it offers jQuery based
11 autocomplete with custom data for selected field.
12
13 Regarding database with metadata. Is there a list with official
14 maintainer-package assignment or there is a need to parse metadata.xml
15 about maintainer/herd info? Maybe instead just package-maintainer
16 database a small RESTful web-service could be implemented.
17
18 Also parsing Description field might identify potentially affected
19 packages and help to define assignments to maintainers.
20
21 I will be grateful if you could give me suggestions of bugs to fix and
22 tools to use as a proof that I'll be sufficiently prepared for SoC
23 with Gentoo.
24
25 Thanks,
26 Michal