From: "Jiale Pan (Kyle Pan)" <kyle.j.pan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Cc: Serkan Kaba <serkan@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Gentoo/Java IDE integration Weekly report #8
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 15:42:28
1 Hi All,
2
3 ------------------project introduction--------------------------------
4 The project includes an improvement to current java-config and a new
5 eclipse-plugin. The plug-in, which when clicked, lists system installed
6 java libraries for users to select and import into projects. This avoids
7 user manually browses and locates system installed libraries, making
8 developing more efficient and comfortable. The existing tool
9 java-config, with some necessary improvements, is chosen as the data
10 retrieval backend of this project. Jython is used to integrate
11 java-config to the plug-in.This project will mainly benefit developers
12 using eclipse, and due to planned work on improvements to java-config,
13 it will benefit java-config project and even non-developer gentoo users
14 as well.
17 ----------------progress of this week --------------------------------
18 1. added "with deps" checkbox to the UI
19 2. implemented the <classpathentry> with the form
20 "package-name~docs~sources~deps"(work in
21 GenEclipseClasspathContainerPage.java)
22 3. modified GenEclipseClasspathContainer.java reflecting the new form of
23 <classpathentry>
24 4. modified Wrappers.java to singleton (I think use singleton would be
25 more proper)
26 5. implemented "with deps" functionality to import libs with dependencies.
27
29 1.finish javasrc and javadoc (it was intended to be done this week but
30 sorry that I did "with deps" and the <classpathentry> form changing, so
31 it has to be delayed to next week)
32 2.get to know how to build update site and try to deploy for testing
35 Best regards,
36 Jiale Pan(Kyle Pan)