From: Michael Gilroy <Michael.Gilroy@××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] GSoC Week 2 Progress Report
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 02:07:32
1 This week's progress:
2 1) created eclass function which properly supports parallel installs for
3 different versions of mpi software
4 2) implemented and tested new eclass in different mpi implementations
5 3) reworked solution to all "/etc" configuration
6 4) started framework for eclass to use arbitrary mpi implementations upon
7 installation
8
9 This will serve as a nice standard when building MPI software, with a
10 pretty easy implementation from the ebuild-ers perspective. Parellel
11 installs will be handy for mpi software in particular, where it takes quite
12 a bit of tinkering to get things to work.
13
14 Next week's plans:
15 1) 2ND ECLASS: solidify design, verify with mentors. I expect the 2nd
16 eclass to take a few weeks to complete.
17 2) properly implement mpi-providers eclass for more mpi implementations,
18 write patches accordingly
19 3) refactor/modularize 1st eclass
20 4) start proper documentation (formatted in markdown)
21
22 Next week I want to finalize the existing code and work hard to get the
23 next eclass (mpi-select) to be able to build arbitrary mpi software against
24 arbitrary mpi implementations. I will be revising my GSoC schedule
25 accordingly, considering this 2nd phase was unaccounted for in my original
26 schedule, and this phase in particular will likely take up a good amount of
27 time.
28
29 Thanks,
30 Michael