From: "Miroslav Šulc" <fordfrog@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-soc] Weekly Report: Big Data Infrastructure and Maven Overlay in Week 5
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2020 08:42:29
1 Dne 06. 07. 20 v 10:26 Miroslav ©ulc napsal(a):
2 > hi,
3 >
4 > i was not on this list (now i am) so thanks for cc'ing me.
5 >
6 > Dne 06. 07. 20 v 3:09 Benda Xu napsal(a):
7 >> Zhang Zongyu <zzy2529420793@×××××.com> writes:
8 >> ...
9 >>> I hope the newer version ebuild files could be accepted by Gentoo-Java
10 >>> team. The prototype of the ebuild files that are just generated by
11 >>> java-ebuilder are listed in [2].
12 >> Please start the code review processes of the new java packages by
13 >> submitting bug reports and pull requests when you see fit.
14 >
15 > do these work with java-pkg-simple.eclass as is in the tree or it
16 > needs your updated eclass? getting the changes in the eclass into the
17 > main tree requires review and approval by devs.
18 >
19 > also, before getting the ebuilds into the tree, i would really like to
20 > see an automated test to verify that the content of our jar files
21 > matches the content of the maven repo jar files. without this, we
22 > might get issues because of missing resources and maybe even other
23 > causes.
24
25 one more note. i noticed in your overlay you have only the ebuild files
26 but the rest of the required files are missing. generally, you need to
27 provide metadata.xml file for each package and need to run `repoman
28 manifest` for each package. also, you have to run `repoman full` and
29 also can run `pkgcheck scan` for each package to catch all issues that
30 can be caught this way.
33 >> Benda
34 >
35 > thank you for the work you do! :-)
38 > miroslav
39 >
40 >>> [1] lookup table containing all packages from dev-java/
41 >>> https://github.com/6-6-6/JEbuilder/blob/master/app-portage/java-ebuilder/files/scripts/LUT/LUT
42 >>>
43 >>> [2] a prototype overlay
44 >>> https://github.com/6-6-6/spark-overlay/tree/master/dev-java