From: nishant shreshth <nishantshreshth.13@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Introduction-GSOC-IMAP-Sync and Scheduled Notifier
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 08:36:36
1 Hello Gentoo Community,
2
3 I am Nishant Shreshth , third year under graduate student accomplishing
4 B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering at National Institute Of
5 Technology, Bhopal.
6 I love coding and solving real world problems and automating things and
7 have wrote few scripts for solving and automating my daily tasks. I am a
8 great open source lover and Linux enthusiast and have worked on different
9 linux distros and have a good hold on version control system, Git . I have
10 been introduced to open source around 2011 and since then I am working on
11 open source software and products.I am a great python lover and is always
12 ready to discuss about the libraries and performance up gradation in python.
13
14 I have applied for OfflineIMAP/IMAPfw project under the Gentoo Linux
15 organisation.
16
17 I would like to implement a better and efficient sync mechanism (two way
18 merge) for the mails/messages and accounts between user's maildir and IMAP
19 server and saving mails to maildir sub folders. A user will be able to
20 initiate the sync by using CLI or it will be automatically synced after a
21 scheduled period that will be 24 hrs.
22
23 Secondly, I would like to work on scheduled Notifier.Many a times we think
24 that it is not the right time to mail and we think we will mail it later
25 but most of the times we forget to mail later and miss important stuff. We
26 can implement a scheduled Notifier (and even scheduled mailing later ) that
27 will enable a user to schedule an email and the user will be notified at
28 the scheduled time to send the mail. We will keep this scheduled time info
29 in the meta of each draft. Later on we can extend it to scheduled sending
30 of the email by integrating SMTP with IMAPfw.
31
32 Link To My Proposal:
33 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2jGYG1wE6KZUmVEVnJpX3VzYkk/view?usp=sharing
34
35 Regrads,
36
37 *Nishant Shreshth*
38 *B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering ( IIIrd Year)*
39 *MANIT, Bhopal*