From: listout <brahmajit.xyz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc <gentoo-soc@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] Week 11 Report for Musl support expansion to support GNOME desktop
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 04:50:39
1 Hey there folks, hope you are doing well. I had a little bit of fever,
2 hence a little bit late. Anyways, I'm here with my eleventh weekly
3 report.
4
5 For the previous week I focused on fixing broken zsh test cases on
6 musl. The zsh tests A03quoting.ztst, B03print.ztst, V09datetime.ztst,
7 and E02xtrace.ztst were failing. I'll go through the fixes one by one.
8
9 For the A03quoting.ztst B03print.ztst tests I had to unset few of the
10 variables, mainly unset LC_ALL, LC_COLLATE, LC_NUMERIC, LC_MESSAGES, and
11 LANG. Found the reference here [1], and you can find the PR here [2].
12
13 For E02xtrace test, we didn't like that we had to conditionally apply
14 the patch as it's not always good practice, hence we decided to just
15 ignore the test case on musl.
16
17 I the V09datetime test, one of the test included using `strftime` to
18 return @ as a literal. On glibc systems it `strftime '%@'` return %@
19 while on musl it returned '\n'. Hence I had to add it to the test case.
20
21 That was all it required for fixing the tests cases on zsh.
22
23 I don't have much time left, only this week to do other stuffs. So I'll
24 ask my mentor for things that should be of highest priority. And I also
25 have a lot of open PR's on gentoo's Github.
26
27 That's all, thanks.
28
29 [1]: https://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2021/msg00805.html