From: Devan Franchini <oot153@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc <gentoo-soc@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-soc] [Report 1] layman improvements
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 22:45:27
1 Hello community!
2
3 Throughout this week, the following progress has been made:
4
5 1.) py2/py3 compatibility has been added:
6 * By running the 2to3 python tool I was able to make some small fixes.
7 * SSL-Fetch code was migrated into layman for compatibility support.
8 * Migration of optparse to argparse
9 2.) Repos.conf support has been added:
10 For those of you familiar with Portage you are aware that if you
11 look at the config in /etc/portage/repos.conf/gentoo.conf you will see
12 the main portage overlay config file. Support for another file
13 called layman.conf
14 has been added as well.
15 3.) RepoConfManager:
16 To handle multiple config type plugins such as make.conf and
17 repos.conf a class
18 has been added to handle the file configurations. This method
19 also will allow for no
20 config type required, as well as custom config type plugins (not
21 yet implemented).
22 4.) URL Updating:
23 What I am currently in the process of working on is the updating
24 of source URLs if they
25 are reported by the remote database of layman overlays as no
26 longer valid. So far I have
27 added support for updating git source URLs and more overlay
28 support will be added
29 throughout next week along with polishing of the already in place code.
30
31 Goals for next week:
32
33 * Continue refining the code started.
34 * Add url update support for more overlay types.
35 * Hopefully add custom config type plugin support for RepoConfManager.
36
37 To all interested, the source code and my commits can be found on
38 g.o.g.o or github.com on layman's gsoc2014 branch:
39 1.) http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/layman.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/gsoc2014
40 2.) https://github.com/twitch153/layman/tree/gsoc2014
41
42 I hope everyone else is making good progress on their projects as well.
43
44 With regards,
45 Devan Franchini