From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-soc] GSoC 2013: identity.gentoo.org OpenID server
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 16:46:20
1 Hi, everyone.
2
3 My name is Michał Górny and I'm a first year MSE student at Poznan
4 University of Technology. I'm studying power engineering, though most
5 of you probably know me as a Gentoo developer and initiator of a few
6 big projects lately.
7
8 I would like to participate as a student in this year's GSoC, running
9 a project of implementing an OpenID server on identity.gentoo.org.
10 The goal is to provide a complete OpenID provider using Gentoo LDAP
11 authentication and to develop support for using OpenID in Gentoo
12 services such as blogs and forums.
13
14 The goals include:
15
16 - building a complete and secure OpenID server,
17
18 - providing all the options necessary to control OpenID use effectively
19 -- including changing permissions given to the sites and controlling
20 the data exchanged with them,
21
22 - using OpenID extended attribute exchange to pass Gentoo-specific
23 information in the OpenID requests including ACLs for Gentoo services,
24
25 - using Gentoo LDAP servers for authentication and obtaining user
26 information,
27
28 - supporting multiple authentication mechanisms including:
29
30 a) secure password-based authentication (challenge-response likely),
31
32 b) client certificate-based auth,
33
34 c) SSH-based auth,
35
36 d) GPG-based auth.
37
38 The project will be implemented in django, as an extension
39 of the current identity.gentoo.org code [1].
40
41 Do you have any questions or suggestions?
42
43 [1]:https://github.com/gentoo/identity.gentoo.org/
46 Best regards,
47 Michał Górny